Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Powerscourt Estate


Saturday, August 14th
We also went to see the Powerscourt Estate and walk through the gardens.  It gives you insight into the lifestyle of the 18th century super-rich (the powerful and mighty Anglo-Normans), wander the magnificent Italianate gardens and soak in the view.  They say this isn't how the other half lived, but how the other half PERCENT lived!  Inside the house was full of shops and organic cafes, I'm not sure if I enjoyed the gardens or the shops more :) (The little time I was able to actually spend in the shops!)
The walk took an hour, but the promise of a big soft ice cream cone at the end kept the boys going :)  No surprise eh!
Ruben took hundreds of pictures, here a few I put together, the rest will go up on webshots soon.




1 comment:

Deena said...

WOW! What a place to visit! Kind of reminds me of Filoli in Woodside, CA, or the Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC, but on a 10-times grander scale.