Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Supposed to be packing...

I should be packing, but need to catch up on my blog before I forget something important right?!  :)
Thursday, Oct 7; Ruben had to go to Dublin for the day, and went on the train.  Had a strange day with the kids, had a weird pain in my chest, but I believe I had just slept bad!  So I took the kids to Busy Bees again, while worrying the whole time what was wrong with me!  It went away by Friday AM!  Thursday night we picked Ruben up at the train station.  This DID NOT sit well with the boys!  They wanted to go on the train too and cried the 30 minutes home in the car!  So Ruben promised them another ride before we left Ireland.  That helped!  Just how to work keeping the promise... hummm.


Friday, Oct 8; I had my FIRST me alone time away from the house since getting to Ireland!  Boy did I need it.  Got an Indian Head Massage at a lovely spa in Oranmore.  Wow, that was good, I think it needs to be an option in spa's in the USA.  It was just what I needed.  Ruben had the day off, so we headed to the pool next.  Then back home before heading to Athlone (1hr away) for the first gospel meeting there in about 20 years!  Just before leaving we grabbed some clothes and booked a hotel, so that the boys and Ruben could ride the train home in the morning. Sat morning, Ruben and the boys swam in the fantastic pool, http://www.sheratonathlonehotel.com/gallery and Madelynne and I shopped in the mall attached to the hotel.  Perfect!  Then at 1pm, they caught the train and Madelynne and I picked up 2 excited boys and there days 1 hr later!  Ruben mentioned as they were waiting for the train, a 4 year old girl with her grandparents, was going on her very first train ride and was quite excited.  So the boys joined hands with her and were jumping up and down all excited as the train pulled up.  I guess it was a super cute moment!  It was a lovely little getaway!




Sunday you can read about in 2 previous posts.


Monday, Oct 12; the workers came early (and spent the night), whisked the boys away to Busy Bees and I got lots of laundry and organizing and packing done.  That night we went to Cava for supper/tea.  It is Spanish tapa's. http://cavarestaurant.ie/ Ruben has ate there many many time, brags about it, so finally we all got to try it and wow, it met all the high expectations!


Tuesday, Oct 13; lazy day, Ruben came home at 3 so that I could take him back to work and have the car to take Madelynne to the Dr, making sure she did not have an ear infection.  Then the lazy day changed.  Still annoyed with myself!  It's hard to explain without a picture how you drive into where Ruben's office is.  As I was pulling out, I had shoulder checked once and it was clear, but as I was pulling out, another car was there and I side swiped him.  His car got scratched the whole way front to back, but no dents that I saw.  Our car lost the hubcap and bumper dented, all on the front right driver side.  It was a big hit, all 3 kids were sleeping, stayed sleeping through the whole ordeal!  I was so glad we were still at Ruben's office cause I had no clue what to do!  I called Ruben, he came back out and took care of things, what a wonderful hubby eh!  The other driver could barely speak English, so he called his girlfriend to come interpret!  We had to call the Garda, they showed up and were comics!  They made me feel better!  Information was taken and they are going to have fun putting my TX license info in their computer!  According to the Officer it's pretty impossible!  Now the insurance guys can take care of the rest.  Thankfully I was insured on the rental!  We return it Saturday, so we'll just keep driving it as is and let them take care of the rest!  We made it to the Dr in time.  No infection, yay, just an irritated throat and teething.
Tuesday night was our last bible study in Galway.  Sniff sniff.  It was supposed to be the last time we saw Laura and Julie, but we couldn't handle that!  So they'll stop by on Friday to say good-bye :)  We said our good-bye's to the few others with promise to return. :)


One cute note to end this post with.  Monday morning before the workers arrived.  Chase asked me, "when we go back to Texas, our workers will be different right?"  He was quite concerned about that!  They are quite attached to Aunty Laura and Aunty Julie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how are you!This was a really admirable post!
I come from roma, I was fortunate to seek your subject in baidu
Also I get a lot in your topic really thanks very much i will come later