Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A walk to Rinn Duin Castle

Thursday, September 9.
We went to visit Nicola and Abby in LeCarrow, Co. Roscommon.  The Laura and Julie were there too, and we all headed out for a walk through a field to a near by castle.  It was a bit of an adventure!  I'm still cleaning manure off the wheels of the stroller!  An umbrella stroller did not cut it for this walk!  Nicola let me trade half way with her 3 wheeled "pushchair" and what a difference.  From plowing to gliding.  I so want to get one here now, but not sure how much of a pain it would be at the airport.  If anyone has advice on this, please comment!  In the photos below you will see our hour jaunt!
Here we are starting out, with the property owner chatting with Nicola.
Hummm... cows blocking the gate that we needed to go through.

A helping hand with a thick Irish accent kindly shewed the cows and opened the gate!  There were some on the other side wanting to cross, we didn't want to mix them up!

Julie took over plowing through the field with the umbrella stroller!

The castle ruins.

Rinn Duin Castle

Nicola has traded strollers by now, poor girl, and this is before it POURS and drenches all of us!  We walked 20 min back in the pouring rain!  Hence manure and mud!

Didn't notice this sign until after.  I thought the owner was joking when he said to watch out for the bull!  I'm just 100% grateful we did not meet him.... shudder.

Madelynne and sweet Abby.




1 comment:

tjp said...

I commented on fb, but hadn't read this post yet. With all the walking you do, I would totally recommend a 3-wheeled stroller. We have (and love) our Phil & Ted's.
I got rid of my Peg Perego umbrella-style stroller because the P&T's pushes SO much easier.
Good luck and happy walking/pushing!