Sunday, September 12, 2010

Light bulb moment

I've been worried about Mason pretty much since before we came to Ireland, as he is such a home body.  He was doing good, loved the school here, but once he started feeling sick, it went downhill.  He refused to go to school, even before being in the hospital.  I asked the teachers if something happened, never know, can be worrisome.  But they thought he was great, no issues.  After the hospital it was understandable that he didn't want to go, but a week later, still no go.  So they are no longer enrolled.  He hasn't been over clingy, but definitely needs to know where I am at all times.  


Where am I going with all this?!  I couldn't quite figure out what he was thinking or feeling, tried talking to him, asking questions, but nothing helpful.


Then 2 nights ago, when I was putting Madelynne to sleep, he said, "Madelynne was in the Texas hospital a lot, and that's why she needs you so much now mommy."


Hummm, light bulb, now especially since being in the hospital, he associates needing me with the hospital stay.  Quite sweet really.  So now I worry less, he needs time, and I'll just continue to give him lots of attention, love and hugs, exactly what every child needs!

2 comments:

Sew-WellNow.com said...

You're doing it right Lori. There's nothing wrong with missing a bit of school. If you were there on the long term, home schooling could be an option. Look at what he's already learning with travelling and investigating a different country.

Anonymous said...

Donna Colter posted the above. Don't know where Google got the blogspot.com address. Sorry