Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ugh...

Ok, I shouldn't have 2 sad blog posts in a row, the next will be happy, promise!
Yesterday I took mom by Esmee's grave as she hadn't been there in a while.  This time the boys were so full of questions about their sister.  If she is in Heaven, but Heaven wasn't there but her body is... and where is Heaven... they were very confused and how do you explain all that to a 5 year old?!
It always pulls my heartstrings going to Esmee's grave, oh I miss her.  Then I notice some new graves in the "Baby Garden" (it's getting full), I go read the stones.  2 were blocked off together with a tiny fence around them.  One was for a baby girl born April 2010.  Beside her is a boy who lived for one day in Dec 2010.  Same last names, cousins or siblings?  I had this horrible pit in my tummy figuring they were siblings, and HOW HORRIBLE for those parents.  2 children lost within 10 months.  This was my biggest fear when I was pregnant with Madelynne.  
So my heart and thoughts have sure gone out to those parents these last 24 hours.  (As it always does to anyone who's lost a child.)

2 comments:

Angela said...

Amazing is a mother's love & let me tell you, it will never die!! Clarabella talks about Kohlie a lot & knows that she is her sister. She is asking more questions too & even though it tugs at my heartstrings, it also makes me happy that Kohlie is still very much talked about, remembered, & loved in our house, even by Clarabella that was too young to remember her. Hugs to your family!!

candy said...

This is a touching post....
And how well I remember going to visit our brothers' graves in the Kalispell cemetery...it does bring up a lot of questions, but I've always appreciated that mom was able to use their little lives (painful though it must have been for her) to teach us about family, and heaven, and life, and death. Those precious members of our family weren't buried and forgotten, but remembered, and talked about it, and felt, and missed!