Monday, March 21, 2011

Our trooper!

ONE OF HER FEW SMILES, SHE LOVES PLAYING IN THE STROLLER.
THIS IS WHILE WE WERE WAITING BEFORE THE MRI.
It's been a long day!  Started at 5AM driving to Dell Children's for Madelynne's 8th (akk!) MRI.  I don't sleep well the night before, I just can't handle my baby having to be sedated.  At least this time being older and having the first appointment, fasting before wasn't as big of a deal.  With all my worries, when you get to the hospital, it's a good wake up call that we have it easy compared to many many others.  And above all, just have to have faith in our loving God who's in control and knows what we can handle.


Madelynne was soaking it all in this time, what all was happening.  She didn't cry before hand, but she wasn't impressed either!  Her big brown eyes stared everyone down, barely cracking a smile unless to Ruben or I.  There's the nurses, then the Anesthesiologist, the MRI technician, the Imaging nurse, the Child Help rep, etc etc...  I must say the whole routine is getting very familiar.  And we are remembered by staff now.    


The 1.5 to 2 hour wait always feels like FOREVER.  Just want to see my baby and make sure she's ok!


When I went into Recovery, Madelynne pretty much glared at me, like "thanks mom for putting me through this" look.  Again, no smiles for anyone until we left!!


Now we wait till next Monday for the results.  And another MRI in 6 months.  I wonder where that one will be....



1 comment:

Andrea said...

Oh...I was thinking about you a lot today. Sorry I didn't get around to calling, but you were busy anyway! Hope you get a GOOD night's rest tonight...hugs!