Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Oath of Allegiance


"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen;
that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;
that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law;
that I will perform noncombatant service in the armed forces of the United States when required by the law;
that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law;
and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion;
so help me God."

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Congratulations Lori! It's a big step and I'm glad you finally reached the goal. It's been so interesting following the whole process.

Mary-Louise said...

allegiance....tsk tsk....heehee!! and what is it saying, you have to become uncanadianized?? booooooo anyways, congrats again and hope you're settling back into your ireland home:) xoxo