Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Musings about Ireland - Houses

As an architectural junky, I love looking at houses, wishing I could knock on the front door and ask for a tour of certain ones.  This remained true in Ireland.  I loved looking at all the neat houses, and the yards were well kept at all times too.  The window flower baskets added the sweet pretty touch!  It was common to have a sun room sticking off to the side of the house.  I really liked that idea.  Also common to have a bright colored front door - LOVED that!
Within the houses, every room has a door (yes that includes the kitchen and living and dining) so that you can heat up individual rooms.  No central heating that I saw.  We could leave the windows open all the time.  The sea air was lovely!
The house pictures below are random ones on the way to our house.  All taken while driving by so quality isn't the best!  Enjoy!














2 comments:

Deena said...

I'll take the little pink cottage at the bottom, please. =)

Unknown said...

Deena, we called that the smurf house! It's cute!