Monday, February 18, 2013

Table time... One good rectangle!

Finally, a post about Christmas time!  We drove 80 hours total to go up to Canada to be with my family.  Worth the drive completely!



My first post is on something that as a kid I did not appreciate near as much as I do now.  (In fact many a time I probably protested a bit to loudly!)  A place where we would sit and visit for hours.  Many a folk were guests at that table.  Without a doubt it's in the high hundreds the number of guests that have sat there.  Great fellowship, bonds being made, memories being made.  Whether with family, chosen family, friends and sometimes complete strangers.  Also should add in great food too!  I have countless memories from around the table from my youth.  It was a big deal to our extended family and many others we know.

Nothing changed about this on this trip.  
I LOVE sitting around that dining room table.  
It was cold out so no reason to rush and go anywhere.  
We visited for hours around that table. 
We'd laugh until we cried.
We'd pick on each other as siblings get to do.
Young ones, middle age ones and kind-of :) older ones.
Table and food prepared with care and love.
Family and fellowship.
NOTHING BEATS THAT.

Thank-you mom and dad.  I hope our children have the same kind of memories from our house.



As for the "One good rectangle" part of the title on this post...
Since coming home after Christmas, I started reading 7 Keys to Comprehension, How to Help Your Kids Read It and Get It!  I came across this part and couldn't agree more.  And as a side note, I really need to work harder on less game and computer time with the kids.  We are really picking up on the books and reading.





1 comment:

Alison said...

I had to come back and read this post again tonight. I loved it! First of all I have to say that I remember sitting around that table on several occasions. Such special times!!! And it makes me want to be more hospitable about having people around my table! Also, I really enjoyed the "rectangle" thoughts. Thanks so much for sharing! Have a wonderful week. Hugs!