Friday, August 26, 2011

Three

Another sleepless night, was interesting reading my post from last year, perhaps I'll always have a sleepless night on Aug 25th, reliving 2008.  when Hello means Good-bye

As I was going through the scrapbook I made for Esmee this morning, I felt I wanted to share the poem below.  It was passed on through a line of mom's who too have a big whole in their hearts from a lost baby.


I will always miss my baby like crazy, but yes, she is in the best place we can be.  Being near the water calms me and is when I like thinking of Esmee, so having a house right now beside the water is actually extra comforting.  


I'm freshly thankful that God will not put us through more than we can bare, and a lot of times I have a very hard time praying to be willing, scared of what is next.  But He has never let us down or left us alone, and we have been richly blessed through the difficult experiences.


I'm so thankful for the love and comfort from Above, from my husband, family and friends. I have nothing to complain about, I thank God for each one in my life every day, especially my dear Esmee Lynne.


Like last year, I wish I was in two places, so I could put new flowers on her grave...


A Baby's Message


I am just a little baby
And did not linger here;
I went straight to be with Jesus
And and waiting for you there.

Many dwelling here where I live
waited years to enter in;
Struggled through a world of sorrow,
And their lives were marred with sin.

So, dear parents, don't you sorrow,
I am not held in death's cold tomb.
I have gone to be with Jesus;
Wipe those tears and chase the gloom.

Thank you for the life you gave me,
It was brief but don't complain;
I have all of heaven's glory;
Suffered none of earthling's pain.

Thank you for the name you gave me;
I'd have liked to brought it fame -
Had I lingered in earth's shadows
Might instead have brought it shame.

Though you miss me, please remember -
I'm of all God's lambs most blest;
I'd have loved to stay there with you
But our Shepherd knew what was best.

2 comments:

Angela said...

So special!! Thanks for sharing. It always does the heart good! I understand what you mean about praying for whatever, because after experiences the natural heartache of a loss, somtimes you feel there would be no way you cd face it again!! God is good and thankful he protects his people!

tjp said...

Thank you, again, for sharing. We all face different trials and experiences in this journey called life. We may not always understand what another has gone through, but by sharing (like you've done) it brings us all closer in a broken world with too much heartache. It makes the blessings sweeter, though, and makes our dependence on and prayer for Jesus' coming that much deeper.