Thursday, May 3, 2012

Oh Canada!

For 12 days the beginning of April, we headed back to Canada, a long over-due visit!  I hadn't seen my sister and family or my brother since Granny's funeral in Nov 2010, that was a record I don't want to hit again!
My sisters kids have grown up on me, mine have grown up on her, but we really made good family time while there!  I hardly saw my kids except to kiss them good night and tickle their backs, as they were so busy playing with their cousins!  Totally happy :)
We spent our first night at Uncle Ty's, he lives on the 19th floor of an awesome condo downtown Calgary, with a spectacular view north and west to the Rockies.  I didn't beat Tyson in a race up the stairs to his place, but it only took 3 minutes!
Then we headed to my parents in Pincher Creek.  The view driving in is always "awe"some.  We got to see family and friends, visit Standoff colony, the boys skied at Castle Mountain and we celebrated Ruben's 43rd birthday and mom's 65th!! Bradd and Nona Anderson surprised us at mom and dad's, yay!
Next was staying at my sisters new place until we left.  Love their new house!  Tim was away for part of it but back in time to celebrate his 43rd birthday!  We were able to see Smith's, Purves', Blonkie's, Hrycyk's one evening, thanks a million for coming our direction to make things easier!  
Also met baby Rose who shares Ruben's birthday, seeing Halbert's and even Bradford's, what a great perk!  Made a trip to Banff and stood for the first time since we got married where we said "I DO".  I'd forgotten how much I love Banff and the "castle" we were married in!
Easter dinner was at my sisters with the whole family, including another family that is family to us, Ben and Becky Hofer!  
Chase was very abdament that he get a sleep over at Avery's house while in Canada.  For some reason the boys sleeping downstairs and mom and dad upstairs did not equal sleepover.  Smart kid!  So Ruben, Madelynne and I had a night in a hotel in High River!  
One highlight was Ruben, Mary-Louise, Tim, Tyson and I went out for dinner.  When was the last time we did that?  If ever?!
Oh, and Stephanie took some awesome family photos!  I can't wait for my CD to arrive in the mail.
Tyson and Erin waved us good-bye.  Was sad to leave, but still good to be home.  The kids are continuing to prove to be fantastic travellers, it's one big adventure for them and they love it.  The hardest part is the more than a week to get over jet lag!
A VERY BIG THANK-YOU TO ALL MY FAMILY FOR EVERYTHING!  And to the friends we were able to see.  Sad we missed some... sick kids and hand, foot and mouth disease can spoil plans eh!  :)
Enough with the writing, here are some pictures.
At Uncle Ty's
 


An absolute favorite this picture!







So this is where my picniking stopped!  Hv yet to find a program just like it... trying out all sorts. so the next posts will just be a lot of pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Everyone's happiness at being together shines through!
April