Friday, June 24, 2011

June 23 was supposed to be an exciting day....

So what happened?  Yesterday was supposed to be the day I posted a picture of me by the American flag because I'd be a new citizen!  Well, that didn't happen.  We'd been trying to find out why no one could give us a time or place for the promised date from my interview immigration officer, trying to find out why they couldn't see me in the cue for an Oath Ceremony.
Finally my lawyer found someone who knew something and returned calls.  Turns out the officer (who I could barely understand) dropped the ball, forgetting to submit the paper work to start the rest of the process.  Slightly frustrating as she new we were waiting to move and be a "family" again etc etc, promising June 23rd, and she also told me many a time I could not leave the country before the Oath Ceremony.  As it turns out, there is no reason I can't leave, USCIS confirmed that a couple times, plus my lawyer. 
So it is what it is... frustrating but can't turn back time, at least I know they "found me" and the paper work is moving along and one day I'll find out when my Oath Ceremony is. Probably the end of July as they only have 1 a month in San Antonio and well, I just missed the June one...
Plan now is to leave tomorrow.  We need to get home and get a life and most importantly, get a much needed full convention!  We'll go to Antrim which starts next weekend.
Myself and maybe Madelynne will fly back for a couple days when ever the Oath Ceremony is.
I don't regret one minute of our month here in Texas while we "waited", it's just time to go home now!

No comments: