Saturday, October 6, 2012

A village called Oranmore

This village was home for a year and a bit, I wish I could find such a village in North America... I'm sure it's out there somewhere!
Why did I love it?  The view, the people (uber friendly), the private owned shops, the boutiques, everything in walking distance, the city just a quick drive away, the ocean air, the different playgrounds, the small quaint family owned restaurants, always knowing someone and having a wee chat when walking or in a shop, the "safe" feeling, the view...  I've probably forgotten a few things!  Amazing enough, the rain didn't bother me much!  The speedy driving, no rights for a pedestrian and lack of dog owners picking up their dog poop were the biggest things that bothered me.


Top row: border up houses get painted up and still look good, lovely planters n the bridge, chinese take-out place probably once a week (lol!), Slan meaning Bye.
2nd row: Welcome to Oranmore Village, General Store owned by same man for years, main st shop, and more main st shops.
3rd row: Ivy covering a house, sheep sheep and more sheep, family owned pub, sign to Maree, we lived off this road.
4th row: Scoil Mhuire where the boys went, lovely flower shop, grave yard, Brewery pub.

1 comment:

aleprechaun said...

Slight correction....Slan means "Bye"