Friday, December 2, 2011

6 YEARS OLD!!!

How did this happen?  My boys are 6 today!
I really need to write about them individually, but soooo tired after today!
The boys wanted a pirate party, they got one!
We "walked the plank", played "sleeping crocs" and "musical islands", had pizza and cake, then finished with a treasure hunt.
14 kids was a bit over zealous... lesson learned!  But they all had fun and I loved watching them have fun.  My friend Sinead who's boy is in the same class helped me out, sure needed her with them all.  Ruben hid in his man cave!
We had 3 cakes this year!  I thought I'd go easy and order one.  Then my conscience got me yesterday thinking they can't share a cake.  So I went and bought 2 little sponge cakes and decorated them this morning so they had their own cakes to blow out!

The two boys are just... ahhh.... how to put it without bragging... simply put... I'm just so proud of who they've become, love them to bits.























I tired to look piratey... but I think I look frazzled!
 And so that I have my treasure hunt clues documented, here they are.

#1


Ahoy, look where you sleep

But go quietly… don’t make a peep

There under the sky so blue

I’m happy to say is clue #2

#2

Yo Ho, look where you bath

Be careful not to swashbuckle or splash

Is the message washed ashore

Or was it left behind the door?

It is free me matey’s, so go find clue #3.

#3.

Walk down the hall and on down the stairs

Arrr me matey’s, you must

find the room that has magic dust.

Be careful, no slamming doors

and you will see clue #4.

#4.

Toys arrrrrr here, toys arrrrrr there,

Toys arrrrrr everywhere.

Find me a good place to dive

And you’ll discover clue #5.

#5.

A pirate likes a warm flame

Surrounded by books and games

Warm up your hands

Clue #6 is not in the sand.

#6.

If me matey’s dare

Go down the stair

Find me some booties

Clue #7 will be under ye footies!

#7.

Me matey’s arrrrr hungry for some grub

But first me dishes could use a big scrub

It is when scrubbing the plates

You’ll find clue #8.

#8.

Ahhh, me matey’s arrrrr smart

You’ve found 7 clues, now to find ancient art

It’s the MAP ye so badly need

Ye may find it where pirates can have a good feed.

4 comments:

CS said...

FUN! I love the treasure hunt poem! Happy Birthday to your Boys!! Rhett turns 6 next week and I'm hoping it snows more so we can have a toboggan party!

tjp said...

Happy 6th birthday to sweet Mason & Chase! I love the pirate-themed party...adorable cakes, etc. You were brave to host that many kiddos! Looks fun. : )

Deena said...

What a great party for your boys! And you were the bravest pirate of all, having that many kids over at their age! But they'll remember it for a loonnng time for all the fun you planned. . .and yes, you pulled off the frazzled pirate look just fine ;-D

Kari Armstrong said...

Oh wow you did a great job, and you dressed up! Your cakes are really good with the pirate theme, lots of love went into them!